Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The Last Track Training :-( - Santa Barbara City College

Time: 6:00pm
  • 4 laps warm up
  • Stretch
  • 2 x 1600 (1 mile @ marathon pace, cool down lap, 2nd mile @ marathon pace)
  • Stretch
Meal: ProVantage Protein Shake (1 scoop in 8oz. Rice Milk)
Distance: Approx 4 miles total

I'm so sad that this is my last week of blogging about my marathon training. What am I ever going to do with all the free time next week? (O.K., if you know me, you know that's a hilarious questions...I ALWAYS have too much to do!) Seriously, I'm soaking in all I can this week. I've really enjoyed the motivation, commradery, and discipline of the scheduled trainings. I'm really bummed that it's almost over!

I did well tonight - still limping during the entire warm up (even noted by Dr. Nicole as she ran past me at her lightning warm up pace), but I was pretty much good to go after the stretch. We were targeting about 2:18 per lap, and had to work pretty hard at it because it actually felt pretty slow. What a great accomplishment - to have to work hard to be slower! I never imagined it was possible.

I didn't stretch long enough afterward, so I had to spend a little more quality time with the foam roller. Same story as of late - my right hip and the inside of my right knee are feeling a little bothered - but I have the confidence this week that Sunday's marathon will be a complete success and I'm really looking forward to it. In fact, I already don't want it to end (well...I'm sure I'll want the running part to end but I think the whole experience is going to be unlike any other!)

Only a couple more training days until Sunday. Will you miss me? Don't worry, there'll be plenty of random post-marathon (and unrelated) banter I'm sure.

1 comment:

Centaur Floor Systems said...

I have a free week too this week. We should meet up?
Carla