Friday, May 4, 2007

Run - Home to Calle Ceasar Chaves and Back

Time: 6:30pm, approx.1 hour

  • Stretch
  • Warm-up (walk for 15 minutes)
  • Stretch
  • Run (30 minutes)
  • Stretch
Meal: ProVantage Protein Shake (1 scoop blended in 8oz. of rice milk) @ 5:45pm.

Although today was technically an off day, I took the opportunity to make up for taking it slightly easy this week and for missing Sunday and Monday's training.

I feel really great. Well "great" is pretty much in comparison to how lousy I felt after the attempted long run last Saturday. I am experiencing no foot pain, almost as if it never even happened. I still have a hint of muscle fatigue and I'm sure I'm overcompensating just because I am so aware of my legs and I don't really trust that the pain is gone forever.

I have noticed, without much conscious thought, I have adjusted my stride slightly. Looking down at my feet, my left foot no longer appears to land so blatantly on the outside. I'm sure I'm still supponating, but at least it appears to be less extreme.

I'm nervous about tomorrow morning's run. It's 1 hour, 45 minutes and I really want to see it through to the end...

No comments: