Friday, June 1, 2007

Two Days and Counting...

The San Diego Rock 'n Roll Marathon offers Live Marathon Data on their web site. This year, you can follow my progress on race day with LiveResults. My time will be recorded at the 10k, half marathon, 21 mile mark and at the finish line. If you want to keep track of me on race day, you can go to www.rnrmarathon.com at any time during the race and look for me, Jaimi Kercher. The race starts at 6:30am on Sunday, 6/3 and I expect to be crossing the finish line some time between 10:30 and 11:00am.

...I'm nervous. I'm a lot of things, but nervous definitely tops the list. "Stay stress free this week," they say. How does someone who's never run a marathon before stay sress free the week before it goes down?? Add to that a stressful week and work and otherwise - Let's just say I'm just trying to do my best the take care of myself. Last night I went to bed early but couldn't sleep - I feel like I'm coming down with a head cold. Good stuff, huh? Anyway, when I finally did sleep I dreamt all night of the race. In my dream I forgot all my nutritional supplements - the Catapult (or "crack" as I like to call it), my protein shake, and my HammerGels. When the race finally started, it ended up being some kind of scavenger hunt in Las Vegas - I was frustrated because I couldn't find a place to park without having to pay for it.

Lucky for everyone, I don't remember any more details of my dream, but I just wanted to document how this feels. It's an interesting mixture of anxiety, excitement, and nervous anticipation that I don't think I've ever felt before. I know it's going to be a tremendous experience - I am just so attached to its success that the thought of failure inevitably looms.

Oh and by the way, sorry if you were expecting a training entry here - Tuesday was my last training before the big day. I could have done a little something Wednesday and Thursday, but right now I'm focusing on trying to stay stress-free (and frankly the thought of trying to fit training into my schedule this week is stressing me out!)

I guess I'll talk to y'all on race day. Send your mental kudos my way...I need all the help I can get!!

No comments: