Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Cross Training - Bike (At Spectrum Club)

Time: 6:30pm, approx. 30 minutes
Meal: ProVantage Protein Shake (1 scoop blended in 8oz. of rice milk) @ 6:15pm.

At the suggestion of Dr. Nicole, I'm sticking with the bike to give my legs some more rest before the next long run on Saturday. This week has been so hectic, I decided to go to the gym for a more controlled workout (as opposed to riding my bike around town). It also gave me the opportunity to spend some time reading my book and to reflect on the events of this week.

The bike is very comfortable for me because it provides a break from the muscle pain and fatigue. I also enjoy challenging myself in endurance - it's fun to recognize that I can withstand a faster pace and/or incline for longer periods of time. The lower-impact workout gives me the opportunity to challenge myself - something I still don't feel like I can do easily during the runs (maintaining a consistent running pace seems challenging enough).

Hopefully I can resume running tomorrow.

No comments: