Monday, May 7, 2007

Run - Home to Leadbetter/Quick Swim and Back

Time: 5:00pm, approx.45 minutes

  • Stretch
  • Warm-up (light jog for 10 minutes)
  • Stretch
  • Run (10 minutes)
  • Swim (turned in to dancing around in the frigid water for 5 minutes)
  • Run (10 minutes)
  • Stretch
Meal: ProVantage Protein Shake (1 scoop blended in 8oz. of rice milk) @ 4:30pm

Okay, so today's training didn't work out exactly as planned, and I ran out of time to compensate for it. It was such a BEAUTIFUL day today! The temp was in the 80's for sure, I got a wild hair that I really wanted to get in the ocean today. The only problem is the water was SOOO DAMN COOOOLLLDDD!!!! Usually I have pretty good luck adapting to cold water, but I spent five minutes pretty much hyperventilating
the whole time and I had to get back out.

In any case, the run felt great. As I'm learning, the warm up is key to avoiding fatigue and injury so adding that initial 10 or 15 minutes of easy activity is making all the difference.

At track tomorrow there's no doubt I'll be pushing it a little harder...I'm interested in seeing out that goes.

No comments: