Sunday, May 6, 2007

Cross Training - Swimming (Psuedo Laps)

Time: 1:30pm, approx. 30 minutes

Meal: Egg-Beaters Benedict at 12pm

O.K., I say "psuedo laps" because I was swimming in my Dad and Stepmom's backyard pool :-). I could only go back and forth about 15 feet, and I didn't really do any sort of structured strokes, just enough moving around to get my heart pumping a little bit.

I thought the water would be a nice break for my joints, but quite to the contrary I was having problems with both my knees when I kicked. When I got out of the water I must have twisted my body awkwardly, because now I have a little bit of discomfort in my right knee. I roll my eyes at the thought of yet another injury, but at least I know the precautions to take so I'll pay a little more attention to stretching and using the foam roller on both legs.

Some good news: I can walk normally. Still slightly uncomfortable but I have a great deal of confidence in this week's recovery. Again, the big test will be Saturday's 3:15 run...I'm nervous!

It was a relaxing day in Indio, CA. I really need that!

No comments: