Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long Run, Leadbetter to Douglas Preserve to San Ysidro & Back

I have raised $1085 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 7:00am, 2 hours, 15 minutes
Distance: 15 miles
Meal: Brown rice cakes with peanut butter and a cup of coffee.


I was so exhausted this week, and I felt it during today's run. I'm definitely a bit slower than I've been. Also, I'm getting up to the 15 mile mark (actually, I got there), which was where I hit my "wall" back in 2007 at my last marathon.

The wall is this mental place where suddenly it dawns on you that you've been running for X distance/time and you have X distance/time left and (a) you don't really want to do it and (b) you're not even sure you physically can. It's where focus is critical because the mind starts getting bored. And the legs start screaming and the body begins to breakdown in all forms. It's when exhaustion begins to set in.

My goal is to beat the wall, or at least push it back. Secondarily, its to overcome the wall.

So, I'm okay with moving slowly and gracefully through the wall during my training...it will better prepare me for the real thing come the marathon in November.

No comments: