Thursday, July 8, 2010

Quick & Easy Run, West Beach & Kickball Game

I have raised $615 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:15pm, approx 25 minutes
Meal: Nature Valley granola bar on my way back to Santa Barbara from Carp.
Total Distance: About 2.5 miles

I was running late from work this afternoon, so had to squeeze in what I could before my kickball game at 7pm (understanding full-well that the kickball game would be more of a workout for the ol' liver than the muscles).

The run was nice, and I suppose the weather is perfect for it but MAN do I wish the sun was out! There's so much happening in this wonderful town...I ran down the beach where there were kickball games, soccer games, people skateboarding at the skate park, and a free concert in the park. Man, am I lucky to live here or what?

But kickball was COLD! Not a lot of moving around in that game. My teammates put a dent in the "Fadorade", lucky for me it wasn't tempting. This was my first kickball game and it was...ummm...interesting. Fun, though, but a little intimidating since I don't really know too many people, nor do I know what I'm doing. Afterwards the teams challenge each other to a game of flip cup at the neighborhood...yha, I know how that ends so I opted to sneak out at 9:30pm and go home. Thursday night debauchery is not something I need to add into my social calendar, so I have a feeling I'll be a "stick in the mud" this season as far as my team in concerned. :-)

Good times, though!

No comments: