Saturday, July 10, 2010

Long Run, Goleta Beach to Modoc

I have raised $865 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 7:00am, approx 1 hour, 30 minutes
Meal: Two brown rice cakes with peanut butter, 1 espresso (new for me)
Total Distance: About 10 miles

Wow, this was my best run ever! Maybe it was the espresso, or the massage yesterday, or perhaps just because I'm actually on track and in shape with my training...but I kicked ass! I started out mellow, about 9-9:30 pace, and ended strong at about 8:15! I've never run so fast for such an extended period of time, I'm excited!

Again, coach Tek is really great. He's a good encouragement and really helped me keep that pace. He's trying to convince me that I should strive for a better 1/2 marathon goal than 1:59:59...we'll see I guess.

And I'll definitely do the espresso thing again. OK, this is overshare but it helped me hit the bathroom before my run so I wouldn't be otherwise distracted. That's been one of my annoyances as a runner...have I found the cure?

Great run!

No comments: