Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Coached Training, Leadbetter Beach

I have raised $915 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:15pm, approx 25 minutes
Distance: 5k (3.1 miles)
Meal: Nature Valley Granola Bar

My head was not screwed on straight today (probably due to lack of sleep!) I was late to practice because I forgot my wallet at home, then I left my Garmin at home when I went back to get it! I missed the warmup and my head wasn't really in the game this evening.

We practiced drafting tonight, running what they call Swiss Drills (though I can't find any info on this via a Google Search). Essentially we run together in a straight line, and the person in the back runs up to the front to take the lead. This rotation occurs throughout the run and our group did this for a full 5K in under 25 minutes. I was even late and I caught up to the group...besides missing the warm up and being worried about that I felt pretty strong.

Today was the first day my legs started to feel tired. I think that's a good thing...being tired is definitely a good thing!

No comments: