Saturday, July 24, 2010

Long Run, East Beach to Crane School & Back up to Shoreline

I have raised $935 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 7:00apm, approx 2 hours
Distance: Just under 14 miles
Meal: Two brown rice cakes with peanut butter, One cup of coffee

Had a hard time sleeping last night again. Lots of reasons, but I was aware that I was excited to run this distance in the morning (proof that I AM crazy). I was thinking about my goals, and couldn't wait to find out what my half marathon time is currently.

And the answer is...1:53!! That's nearly 10 minutes shorter than my best half time at 2:02. My average pace was 8:40, I am seriously blowing myself away! I felt it in my legs for the first time, though. Stairs are tough and I'm trying to take it easy on myself. But, overall I feel great. New shoes ought to help as well. :-)

In honor of the fact that I'm kicking ass and taking names, I just registered for the Santa Barbara International Marathon in November. That's right, I am doing a full marathon again this year. And, yes, that's right...I am crazy!

No comments: