Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nite Moves 5K

I have raised $1085 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:00pm, 18 minute warmup, 5K finish time 24:05
Distance: Approx 5 miles total (warmup 1.95, race 3.1)
Meal: Protein shake at 5pm

Warmup

Race

I couldn't be more thrilled about my 5k finish time...24:05! I looked at my history and I ran my last Nite Moves 5K on 6/2/2010 at 26:44. A HUGE improvement! (OK, I could be more thrilled. I have to admit I was a little bummed about those extra 5 seconds.)

I warmed up longer (and probably a bit harder) than usual because I'm trying to increase my weekly miles in preparation for the full Marathon in November. I think I'm at a point where I can push the limits of the regular Team in Training calendar to be a bit stronger for the race. All, of course, with the help of my friends and primary Healthcare professionals at Barry Family Chiropractic.

This might be a little too much info for my .5 readers of this blog, but I've noticed that running gets a bit more sluggish at this point in my monthly cycle. I tend to be more tired, more hungry, and easily nauseated the week before...well, you know what I'm saying. Not much I can do about it except be aware, but I'll definitely be asking around.

Maybe that means next Nite moves I'll kill it even more??!!

No comments: