Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hendry's Beach to Hollister

Time: 7:00am, 2 hours
Distance: 11.5 miles
Meal: Protein shake - 2 full scoops in 8 oz. of rice milk at 6:30am. 1 Goo package at 1:15 into it.

Again, the team is on a break week so the run from the beach to Hollister was only 1:30. I parked my truck 1.5 miles away from Hendry's beach so I could add time to equal 2 hours and finally catch up with everyone else in training. I did it...I'm caught up...WHOO HOO!!

I found, again, that most people that run at or around my pace start off strong and taper out near the end. I get self-conscious (and somewhat competitive) at the beginning, but find that I become far more focused at about :30 into it.

The Expresso Goo was much more tolerable than the strawberry, but I still felt tired after I gulped it down.

My knees really began to hurt at around 1:00 - 1:15, and the pain was nearly unbearable during my final 17 minutes back to the truck (which was primarily uphill). I had difficulty climbing and (worse) descending the stairs for the rest of the day. I finally iced the knees later that night, which helped quite a bit.

I was so exhaused later that night! It was a great run, but certainly took a lot out of me!

No comments: