Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Track Training, Santa Barbara City College

Time: 6pm, approx. 1 1/2 hours
  • 1600 warm up
  • 3 laps strides
  • stretch
  • 3 fast 200's (1/2 lap) with a 200 rest in between each
  • 4 fast 400's with a 200 rest in between each
  • 2 fast 200's with a 200 rest in between each
Meal: Salad at lunch, Cliff Bar at 5:30pm.

I felt "iffy" for much of this training, but nothing intolerable. Finally, towards the end, I caught my wind and felt really great about the workout. My fast 400 is at 2 minutes, which is pretty good but I feel like I'm pushing it really hard. However, I'm comfortable that this speed will become more natural in time.

I spoke to Jeff (one of our coaches) about my sporadic training, as well as my upcoming overnight snowshoe of the weekend. He felt good that I will be o.k. in the training, especially if I can handle a 16-mile snowshoe trip!

No comments: