Sunday, April 1, 2007

Night Hike - Romero Canyon (Full Moon)

Time: 7:30pm, 2 1/2 hours
Meal: Apple at 7pm Cliff Bar at 8pm, 2 liters of water


I'm sort of cheating with this photo since it was actually taken in 2005. It's still my photo and it still looks the same so, what the hell.

My increased endurance was evident during this hike. What I usually find to be moderately strenuous about this trail (the 2 miles of single-track up to to the cross trails) was a piece of cake. I noticed my knees felt great at the beginning, but I did expereince some discomfort towards the top. Also, on the steeper downhill portions of the fire road, I found my strength waivered a little bit.

That night, I fell asleep with an ice pack on my left knee -- still just exhausted by all this hard work. On a good note, I went in to see Dr. Nicole at Barry Family Chiropractic on Thursday and she diagnosed my knee problem as having tightness in my IT Bands (part of my quadraceps). She gave me a foam roller and a few stretches to do with it to help alleviate the problem. The exercises HURT, so I must be doing them right :-).

Have I mention Dr. Nicole and Dr. Neal rock? There's no way I would have so much confidence about the progress of my training without them and the wonderful coaches of Team in Training!

No comments: