Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Track Training, Santa Barbara City College

Time: 6:00pm, approx. 1 1/2 hours
  • 1600 warm-up
  • 3 laps strides
  • stretch
  • 2 fast 200's with a 200 rest in between each
  • 2 fast 800's with a 200 rest in between each
  • 2 fast 200's with a 200 rest in between each
  • 3 lap cool-down
Meal: Cliff bar at 5:30pm

I was one lap late to training tonight but accomplished the rest of the exercises. Still battling a chest cold, I carried my ihaler with me through the entire practice. I had to use it twice during the workout, mostly for preventative concerns, in addition to the couple of puffs I took immediately prior to practice.

Despite the annoying hacking cough (which, incidentally, is keeping me up at night), I did pretty well. At the end of the last 800 I had some chest pain but felt relatively good by the end of the cool-down. The chest pain was a welcome alternative to the sensation of wanting to vomit I've had during previous track trainings :-).

No comments: