Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Track Training, Santa Barbara City College

Time: 6pm, approx. 1 hour
  • 1600 warm up
  • 3 laps strides
  • stretch
  • pacing, 13 minutes
  • 3 lap cool-down
Meal: Turkey avacado sandwich @ 3:30pm

My first day back to training after suffering head injuries on Friday night (in short, I had a wee bit to drink, stumbled backwards and hit the back of my head, got up too fast, stumbled forward and hit the front of my head, and spent all night in the emergency room...not fun). I have been feeling very depressed and on and off naseous all week, and the combination is making it difficult to eat properly. Also, I'm aware that I'm not drinking enough water.

In any case, I started easy in the warm up and worked up to my normal warm-up pace. I felt good but fragile. The pace drills were a combination of warm up, one-mile, one lap, and stride paces. They started at warm up for about 30-45 seconds, then jumped immediately to one-lap pace, then down to 1 mile (I lost track of time), then back to one lap. I felt great until this point, probably only 5 or so minutes into it, then got hit suddenly with nausea. I had to slow completely to a walk. When the feeling had passed, I increased to warm-up pace but the nausea came back instantly.

I walked one more lap then called it a night. All things considered I guess I should feel pretty good by what I was able to accomplish.

No comments: