Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Coached Training, Ledbetter Beach

I have raised $440 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:200pm, 24:11 minutes
Meal: Almonds, Banana, Cottage Cheese (1-2 hours before)
Distance: 2.85 miles.


Wow, I felt really great until about the last mile. My stomach was really hurting! I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the finish (in fact, I didn't, I was about 1/10th of a mile short and had to stop at the restroom).

This was a common problem for me in the past. In fact, its one of the reasons I stopped running for a while...really uncomfortable. But this time I am able to recognize the difference in my life from last week (when I felt fine) to this week is 1) stress, 2) sleep and 3) diet. Too many variables, I know, but I have a hunch that #1 is the core problem. Stress causes anxiety, which really messes up my digestive system. So, the answer is to just be stress free! Poof!

Seriously, though, understanding the toll it takes on my body will (hopefully) help me in my ongoing journey of fighting overcommitment. It's been better recently (hence why I didn't start feeling sick until now) and it feels good to at least have the tools to experiment with against it.

I am going to take it easy for the rest of the week, though. Part of my stress is this art show I am working on with Erin for Thursday, and I don't anticipate I'll get much sleep between now and then.

No comments: