Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Easy Run, East Side

I have raised $390 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 7:20am, 30:08 minutes
Meal: Nada
Distance: 3.17 Miles

Ugh, tired today. I was up late last night in my usual effort of maniacally working to check items off my to-do list. It's important for me to remember that I'm getting up to longer distances and, while this was a short and easy jog, I really have to take care of myself! I've been doing a pretty poor job of that as of late.

I like my average pace, but am noticing it's jumping around quite a bit. (I'm sure glad I got a new Garmin Forerunner since its really helping me to understand these sorts of challenges.) One minute I'll be running an 8:45 minute pace and, without even feeling like anything's changed, I'll look down and be at 9:28. If I'm going to hit my goal completion time at the 1/2 marathon of 1:59:59, I don't want to be going too much slower than a flat 9:00.

I almost didn't go, but glad I did. Feels good afterward!

No comments: