Monday, June 21, 2010

Easy Run, East Side to East Beach

I have raised $390 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 10:30am, 31:48 minutes
Meal: Oatmeal, Egg Whites and Coffee at 8am
Distance: 3.42 Miles

I've been in a bit of an emotional funk the last two days, and I am feeling the physical affects of that. I was in bed early last night, well hydrated for my 6am run. But I just couldn't get up...my body is rested but my mind is exhausted. What I wouldn't give to turn it off for a couple of days.

I have a lot going on, as is my usual M.O., but in recent months I've pushed rest, exercise and fun to the top of my priority list. It's great for me, and crucial in this current season of my life, but some weeks (like this one) will catch up to me. Anyway, I'm proud of myself for still making today's run a priority despite my other commitments and the late start.

The run itself went well, just frustrated that I can't quiet my mind. My hamstrings are still a bit sore and I had some issues with my calves at around 20 minutes, but a quick stretch fixed that right up. I've tried getting into the habit of doing the same core exercises from last Tuesday, which I can feel is beneficial to my fragile lower back. It's tough, though! I've been doing situps all this time but never realized the impact of slowing them down and pausing for a half a second at the top of the crunch. Ouch!

I'm still feeling overwhelmed, but the run helped a little of the stress. Hopefully I'll get everything done this week I am setting out to do!

No comments: