Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Easy Run, Hidden Valley Area

I have raised $265 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:30am, 33:29 minutes
Meal: Nada (I don't usually eat in the mornings before these runs...maybe I should?)
Distance: 3.4 miles


A pretty challenging run around my cousin's neighborhood, actually. I am used to running on Las Positas - it used to be a regular training spot with the Team back in the day, before the horrible accident when one of our participants was struck and killed by a drunk driver. (Wow, this post got morbid all of the sudden, but I can't help but think of her every time I'm on that road).

However, what I failed to consider were the hills to and from her house. There's a good hill heading out of the neighborhood one way, and another hill to climb since I chose to do a semi-loop and come back to the house via a different direction. My hamstrings are killing me! I guess that's good...it means they are getting worked, but man that was exhausting!

I ran a tad slower than I had hoped. Hills didn't help. But running alone is so much different as well. I'm remembering how much I prefer to be out running with the team! Maybe this year I'll reach out and find some running buddies for the self-training days!

No comments: