Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Coached Training, Leadbetter Beach

I have raised $240 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:00pm, 32:09 minutes
Meal: Almonds @ 4pm, Nature Valley Granola Bar @ 5:30pm
Distance: 3.4 miles, core exercises at each mile.


That's right, my Garmin Forerunner 305 is BACK! Well, not really, I actually had to buy a new one after my previous one was pilfered out of my suitcase last month during my trip to Africa. Anyway, I missed it...and am happy to have it back on my wrist!

This was my first meet-up with the Team this season for "track practice", though the track at City College is being worked on so it looks a little different this time around. Tuesdays are the days to do some highly-focused training activities (as opposed to most training days which include either a run or cross-train activity). Tonight, Coaches Neal and Nicole, Heather, and Tekle had us work on core awareness to improve efficiency as we run.

The workout looked like this:


  • 10 Minute Warm Up Jog

  • 1 mile uphill

  • 30 second plank - 10 crunches - 30 second plank

  • 1 mile flat

  • 30 second plank - 10 crunches - 30 second plank

  • 1 mile downhill

  • 30 second side plank - 10 crunches - 30 second side plank

  • One hill repeat



A nice little workout! I felt pretty good and am DEFINITELY glad I took yesterday off to rest my tired legs. They're still a little tired, and mostly I feel it in my hamstrings (which have a history of being pretty weak).

I will sleep well tonight!

No comments: