Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cross Training - Mountain Biking at Elings Park

Time: 2:50pm
Meal: Too much coffee, not enough protein...and one too many beers the night before
Distance: dunno...

(No map this time...but the new Garmin Forerunner 305 is on its way!)

Galen and I hit the bike trails at Elings park - what a blast that is. Incredible views of the city and some semi-technical (but safe...i.e. no cliffs to fall off of) single-trek. PERFECT for me as I'm trying to be a better rider.

Great fun, but my legs are toast and I am exhausted. Definitely a combination of (1) being sick for the last 2 weeks and still not 100%, (2) running 6.5 miles yesterday after not running at all for the 1 1/2 weeks prior, and (3) the couple of beers I enjoyed Friday and Saturday nights in spite of it all. Where does one find the balance between the active lifestyle and an affinity for beer? Alas, perhaps that is one of the most profound questions of human philosophy.

A little more sleep, a little more focus, and shifting back into training mode should help. I'm exhausted, but it feels like a "good" kind of exhausted. I'm going to fight the urge to run tomorrow and give my legs a bit of a rest - then back at it Tuesday at track!

No comments: