Sunday, April 22, 2007

Bike Ride - Home to Los Positas, Modoc, Carrillo, and Back

Time: 4:15pm, approx 50 minutes
Meal: ProVantage Protein Shake (1 scoop blended with 1/2 a banana in 8oz. of rice milk) and about 8 oz. Gatorade at 3:45pm.
Distance: 9.3 miles (Map)

Today was a rainy day so I wanted to make sure the rain had let up before I headed out. Well, I thought it had but you'd be surprised at how wet you get, even when it's just drizzling, when you're riding at 30-40 miles per hour! About 1/3 of the way through I thought maybe this wasn't such a good idea, seeing as how I'm getting over a cold and all, but actually it was really fun! I enjoy the adventure of being in the elements and toughing it out. Although it does make me wish I had the right gear for it! (I had on my biking shirt/shorts and a rain jacket - the jacket didn't breath nearly as much as I wanted it to...)

It was a good ride with some pretty decent hills. The bike was a good cross-training solution to keep weight off my left foot, and I tried not to overexert myself - again, to keep on my path of recovery from that damn cold!

A hot bath felt great afterwards, by the way. That, a good stretch, and some homemade Vegetable Beef soup (courtesy of Scott's mom Donna) made for a really great, mellow evening!

No comments: