Monday, April 23, 2007

Run - Home beyond Cabrillo Bath House and Back

Time: 8pm, 45 minutes
Meal: ProVantage Protein Shake (1 scoop blended with 1/2 a banana in 8oz. of rice milk) at 7:45pm.
Distance: Approx. 4.5 miles

Ugh...I am SO TIRED!! I'm sure it has something to do with being sick and using up all my energy to get over this but motivating for this has never been so difficult! On Saturday, Lucas (one of the run coaches) recommended that I push myself harder during my weekday runs in effort to help my pacing for the Saturday long runs. This proved to be extremely difficult...I realized about 1/2 way through the run why doing the Monday night team "buddy" runs might be more beneficial than attempting to do it by myself. That and it was dark, cold, and my energy level is at its lowest at the end of my work day.

The good news is that I fought through it and did it. Again, I have to be proud of myself for these little victories! My overall exhaustion amplified the pains in my achilles and my foot - but obviously it was tolerable and I didn't have to limp to finish the run.

1 comment:

Scott said...

You have been spending time at a bath house?