Thursday, April 5, 2007

Cross Training - Yoga at Spectrum Club

Time: 1:15pm, 1 hour
Meal: Veggie soup at 12:20pm

I felt more exhausted this week than last, and didn't have it in me to hold or even try some of the poses. Part of the problem, I think, is that this instructor seems to be more interested in the "body" aspect of yoga and not so much into the "mind" or "spirit", so I'm finding his method to be a little fast and more strenuous than I am used to. I didn't even try the standing splits, it just wanted too much strength from my hamstrings that I could muster up the energy for.

I think I was a little more focused this week and less concerned with trying to keep up with the rest of the class. There is some peace in finding a place where you're comfortable knowing and understanding your own limitations and conscious about not trying to push it...

I'm really feeling great about my training, and 4 people this week have complimented me on how much weight I appear to have lost (FYI - I haven't lost any weight, but I definitely know it has been more property allocated in my body since my pants are fitting better). I'm nervous about the 2:30 run on Saturday, but really looking forward to it at the same time!

No comments: