Saturday, August 7, 2010

Long Run, East Beach to Crane School to the Mesa

I have raised $1085 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 7:15am, 2 hours 30 minutes
Distance: Almost 17 miles
Meal: Brown rice cakes with peanut butter and a cup of coffee


OK, its been a rough couple of weeks...I'm tired! Getting sick doesn't help, and "being a woman" doesn't help either (sorry if that's too much info for the .68 people that may actually be reading this).

But I did it...nearly 17 miles. And I think I'm going to fall down and never get up. I hit that wall at 15 again - but the wall is easier to bear when you know there's only 2 miles to go (and not 11). Still, its good practice to stay focused and in the flow of the activity.

I think the next week will be a good week for building my energy and endurance back up. No long run next Saturday, I'll be backpacking instead. But I am thinking that will be a good and different way to get miles under me - and to get my head back in the game.

No comments: