Saturday, February 24, 2007

Hendry's Beach to Calle De Los Amigos

Time: 7am - 1 hour run
Breakfast:
Protein Shake, 2 scoops powder with rice milk at 6:45am.

After more than a week of not training due to illness, I actually felt really great on this run! It was the longest and farthest run I've ever done in my life! What an accomplishment! I ran out 30 minutes and returned in 27, probably thanks to my 4 strides. (Note: A stride is when speed is increased for short increments during a run. In this case, after 50 minutes I increased my pace to about 75% of a sprint for 30 seconds, then back to an easy pace for 30 seconds, and rinsed and repeated this 3 more times).

I skipped the first water stop, but stopped for water after about 20 minutes. About 15-20 minutes later I had Gatorade, then again about 10-15 minutes after that. I think the sugar in the Gatorade helped give me a kick for those strides at the end of the run.

Unfortunately, I got so disctracted with chatting at the end that I didn't do a very good job stretching after the run.

No comments: