Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hike, San Ysidro Trail to the Waterfall

I have raised $1615 of my $1950 goal. Please support me and Donate Today!

Time: 6:00pm, approx 2 hours
Distance: 3.5 miles
Meal: Spoonful of peanut butter and some nuts

Still nursing my rib injury, but hiking seemed like a safe enough activity. It was great (and felt SOOO good to get my heartbeat up again). At one point, however, I tripped on a rock and the impact of catching myself on my left foot jarred my rib a bit. I am really concerned about delaying the healing process, but I also don't want to be overly protective of the injury.

I still have high hopes for being able to RUN during the race on Sunday. But I also need to mentally prepare for the possibility that I may just be walking across that finish line.

No comments: